Have questions on how you can help? Whether you want to find some volunteer work in Omaha, find reputable charities to donate to, or see how you can help the homeless, please reach out via a method listed below. We have several opportunities for Omaha volunteer work!
We have numerous opportunities each week, year around, for anyone to join us, whether it be for a couple of hours, or more frequently. Opportunities are typically at our storage unit: 17711 Storage Rd, between Harrison and Giles, east of 180thSt. Teenagers are welcome if accompanied by an adult.
1. Each Tues 7:30-10:30 am, we have crews that drive our trucks and pick up donated furniture. We have a group of retired men that rotate different weeks. Consider joining them!
2. Wednesday evenings: accepting, sorting and organizing donations, ranging from clothing, hygiene products, bedding, furniture, kitchenware, etc. 5:30-7:30pm.
3. Making blessing bags: our donations involve bulk items like hygiene products, etc. We create individual bags that can be handed out to people in need.
4. Wednesday evenings 4:30-7:30: help load our trucks with furnishings needed to move an individual that week. Involves boxing up kitchenware, bedding, furniture, etc. Or help receive donated goods 6:00-7:30
5. Saturday mornings 7:30-11:30 am: join us as we help 6 individuals move into their new apartment. We need help carrying the furnishings, putting things away, hanging items on the wall, making beds, etc. This is all about making an empty apartment feel like a home.
6. Repair bicycles. We receive bikes that need tires patched and remounted. Brakes adjusted, chains oiled. This would involve picking up bikes and returning them to us ready to go.
7. Join us as we cook and serve meals to the homeless in Omaha & Council Bluffs. We also provide clothing, hygiene items, sleeping bags, bikes, bags of recyclable cans (IA 5c stamp on it) etc.
a. 4th Sunday of each month: 12:15-2:00 pm.
b. 4th Saturday of each month: 7:30-10:00 am
8. Consider hosting a neighborhood drive that collects adult bikes, sleeping bags, tents, winter coats, etc.
Learn How You Can Help
USE THE CONTACT FORM BELOW TO SEND US A MESSAGE.
Phone: (402) 681-5424
Location; Gretna, Nebraska